We deliver the full primary curriculum (P–6) with students accessing all of the Learning Areas: English, Mathematics, Science, Health and Physical Education (HPE), The Arts (including Specialist Music), Languages, Technologies, as well as Humanities and the Social Sciences (HaSS). As with all state schools, we implement the full Australian Curriculum and ensure that our staff remain abreast of current trends and requirements. We also engage with transitioning programs to support students going into prep and into high school.
Digital access continues to be a focal area for the school, with classrooms equipped with laptops, PC's, interactive whiteboards, iPads etc.
Esk State School has full access to the usual support services found in all Department of Education schools.
On site we have:
- Teaching staff
- Teacher Aides
- Business Services Manager/s
- Support Teacher Literacy and Numeracy (STLaN)
- Special Education Teacher for students with special needs.
- Music Specialist
- Instrumental Music Teacher
- Language Specialist
- Health and Physical Education Specialist
- School Facilities Officers
- Religious Instruction Volunteers
Prioritised access is also available for:
- Guidance Officer
- Speech Therapist
- Occupational Therapist (verified students only)
- Physio Therapist (verified students only)
- Behaviour Support Officer
Reporting occurs twice yearly, with parent/ teacher interviews run formally at the beginning of Term 2 and Term 4 – using the SOBS booking site. Discussions between teachers and parents regarding your child are always welcome, but we do ask that an appointment is made so that we can dedicate our time to the conversation.