Spending time getting to know each other upon enrolment is important! So let's prepare about what we would like to talk about.
Here are some questions that I am going to ask:
- What is your story – the story that brings you to Esk State School?
- What story would you like us to write together?
- What are your greatest fears or concerns?
- What would you like me to understand about your child?
- What are you child's:
- learning perspective? (visual, hands on, auditory)
- How does your child know that they are loved? What is their love language? (Acts of service? Giving gifts? Words of praise? Quality time? Physical touch?)
- What challenges does your child face?
- Are there any questions that you have of me?
- How will I know when your child feels safe, secure and connected? What will it look like?