All students are welcomed at Esk State School. As a school, we accept any eligible student, and the school does not have a defined student catchment area. From there, the school looks to learn your child and met their individual needs. If the focus is on individual needs, then ability is seen and challenges are sort to be catered for, uniqueness is endeavoured to be enjoyed rather than misunderstood. (Inclusion Statement) This starts with a different approach to the enrolment interview.
Spending time getting to know each other upon enrolment is important! So let's prepare about what we would like to talk about.
Here are some questions that I am going to ask:
- What is your story – the story that brings you to Esk State School?
- What story would you like us to write together?
- What are your greatest fears or concerns?
- What would you like me to understand about your child?
- What are you child's:
- learning perspective? (visual, hands on, auditory)
- How does your child know that they are loved? What is their love language? (Acts of service? Giving gifts? Words of praise? Quality time? Physical touch?)
- What challenges does your child face?
- Are there any questions that you have of me?
- How will I know when your child feels safe, secure and connected? What will it look like?