The core business of this school is to provide students with a rich learning environment that is open, respectful, caring and safe. This ideal environment optimises wellbeing. It reflects a positive school ethos that makes the school a welcoming place.
At Esk State School we do this by:
- providing pastoral care for students
- maintaining a physical space that maximises staff and student safety
- supporting a safe cyber environment
- ensuring students have leadership opportunities and can feed into decision making process through forums such as student council
- acknowledging individual differences and providing opportunities for all students to learn and succeed
- using the Positive Behaviour for Learning approach to behaviour management which enable the application of consistent school-wide rules and consequences that are clearly explained, taught, positively enforced and rewarding of good behaviour and academic effort.